THE FOLLOWING ITEMS REQUIRE A BUSINESS LICENSE IN THE CITY OF HALF MOON BAY:
- You are conducting any kind of business for profit or for your livelihood within the city limits of Half Moon Bay
- You have a Fictitious Business Name Certificate
- You have a State Board of Equalization Resale Permit
- You have a listing in the commercial directory Yellow Pages, Business White Pages, the newspaper, local business guides, real estate multiple listing books or any other similar listings
- You have a home based business
PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO OBTAIN A BUSINESS LICENSE:
- Confirm with the Planning Department that your business is permissible in the location you are considering
- Fill out the application completely
- Pay the required fee and return it along with your completed application to City Hall.
- Appropriate permits and approvals from Planning, Building, Police and any other department of the City may have to be secured before your business may start. All applicable federal, state, county and city laws, ordinances or regulations must be followed before your business may start.
- You will receive your certificate in approximately 3-4 weeks.
* Click here for printable - Master - Business License Application 2014-15 with SB 1186 Fee
* Click here for printable - Application for a Business License Inspection
* You may obtain a Business License application in person at:
||Half Moon Bay City Hall|
501 Main Street, Half Moon Bay 94019
Offices are open from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
For questions please contact
* New Business Resource Information
* Business License - Frequently Asked Questions
* Statement of Non-Operation of Business
* Please cllck here to request a Business License Penalty & Interest Waiver, Payment Plan, Refund.