Effective November 13, 2014 MuniServices, LLC is the service provider for obtaining a new or renewing an existing Business License.
To apply for a new or to renew your existing business license online, by mail or in person.
Mail: City of Half Moon Bay, C/O MuniServices LLC, 80 N. Cabrillo Hwy, Suite Q-502, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
In Person: Half Moon Bay City Hall, 501 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA
Business License Application forms:
New Business License Application (English)
Business License Renewal Form (English)
New Business License Application (Spanish)
Business License Renewal Form (Spanish)
Business License FAQ 2014
New Business Resource Information
2014-2015 Business License Rates
2014-2015 Business License Rates (Spanish)
Application for a Business License Inspection
Business License Home Occupation Agmt
Business License Home Occupation Agmt (Spanish)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS REQUIRE A BUSINESS LICENSE IN THE CITY OF HALF MOON BAY:
- You are conducting any kind of business for profit or for your livelihood within the city limits of Half Moon Bay
- You have a Fictitious Business Name Certificate
- You have a State Board of Equalization Resale Permit
- You have a listing in the commercial directory Yellow Pages, Business White Pages, the newspaper, local business guides, real estate multiple listing books or any other similar listings
- You have a home based business
- You have a vacation rental property within the Half Moon Bay city limits
PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO OBTAIN A BUSINESS LICENSE:
- Confirm with the Planning Department that your business is permissible in the location you are considering
- Fill out the application completely. Application Forms can be filled out online at www.bizlicenseonline.com or download a hardcopy of the form (see above).
- Pay the required fee and return it along with your completed application.
- Appropriate permits and approvals from Planning, Building, Police and any other department of the City may have to be secured before your business may start. All applicable federal, state, county and city laws, ordinances or regulations must be followed before your business may start.
- You will receive your certificate in approximately 3-4 weeks.
For questions please contact Muni Services online: