2021 MEASURE D UPDATE:
Applications for "downtown" area are still being accepted, click HERE to view the map.
Please contact City Staff for additional information about Measure D applications for "outside of downtown."
Planning Permits: Doug Garrison (email@example.com), Scott Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Brittney Cozzolino (email@example.com) are continuing to process Planning Permit applications submitted prior to City Hall closure and are accepting new applications in digital format (via email). Public hearings are being conducted via virtual meeting formats with the Planning Commission and Community Development Director. Sign up to receive agendas here.
Building Permits: Benjamin Corrales (firstname.lastname@example.org) is accepting, processing and issuing building permits in digital format (via email and other means, please coordinate with Ben to convey large files and plans).
Building Inspection: the City is offering inspections Monday through Thursday 8am-3pm. Please follow all Covid19 protocols during inspection. To request, please call the inspection hotline to request an inspection at 650-726-8794
Code Enforcement: Joe Butcher (email@example.com or 650-726-8285 is covering code enforcement needs throughout the City to enforce the San Mateo County Shelter Order and for all other matters. He is checking email and voicemail frequently.
Department Head: Jill Ekas (firstname.lastname@example.org) is available by email and phone at 650-726-8264.
Among the many responsibilities of the Planning Division staff is Plan Half Moon Bay, which is the City’s Local Coastal Program and General Plan Update process. Other task areas include:
- Processing entitlement applications
- Local administration of the California Subdivision Map Act, California Environmental Quality Act, and the California Coastal Act
- Conserving and enhancing the City’s environmental resources and scenic beauty
- Preserving Half Moon Bay's historic resources and small town heritage
- Managing the community’s growth, incorporating community values and standards
- Enforcing the policies and regulations related to land use and development
- Administering the General Plan, and the Local Coastal Program, its Land Use Plan, Specific Plans, Zoning Code, and its Subdivision and Sign Ordinances, and provisions of Measure ‘D’ - the voter-adopted residential growth control ordinance
- Maintaining studies and reports on such topics as demographics, environmental review, and development entitlement activities