Street & Right of Way Permits

Encroachment Permit

Any work performed in the public right of way requires an encroachment permit.  Examples include:

  • installation or repair of sidewalk, curb and/or gutter, driveway approach
  • installation of sidewalk underdrain
  • installation of sewer lateral or cleanout
  • placement of test borings
  • erection of building scaffolding

To obtain an Encroachment permit the property owner or licensed contractor performing the work can:

  1. Complete the Street Encroachment Permit (PDF)  and submit to the Engineering Division at City Hall or via email to Ben Corrales, Permit Technician:
  2. Pay all required encroachment permit fees
  3. If required, provide certificates of public liability and property damage insurance with the City named as an additional insured

Master Fee Schedule

Half Moon Bay has a Master Fee Schedule for the various permits and services available, and for other fees and charges. Please click here for the City’s Master Fee Schedule (PDF).