City Hall and the Permit Counter are open Monday – Thursday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Appointments with Building and Planning Division staff are recommended. Staff also process electronic submittals. Contact information follows:
1. New over the counter/minor permits submittals: For over the counter building permits and those that require minor plan review and coordination with other departments, such as: reroofing, window replacement, water and furnace heater replacement, bathroom and kitchen remodels, electric, plumbing, mechanical permits and others, submit your application and plan sets via email to Benjamin Corrales, email@example.com.
2. New Residential/Commercial, interdepartmental plan review: For brand new submittals please contact Benjamin Corrales at (650) 712-6660 or send him an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up an appointment.
3. Completed Projects: If your project is complete, inform the City that you are no longer working and will need a final inspection. Please call our Inspection Hotline at (650) 726-8794, at least 48 hours in advance to allow preparations for an in-person tour of the new structure.
4. Projects under construction: Please call our Inspection Hotline at (650) 726-8794 for inspections at least 48 hours in advance to allow preparations. If you have any questions please email the inspector at email@example.com.
5. Permit fees payment: All related permit fees will be made via check, made payable to City of Half Moon Bay, addressing the envelope to the attention of Benjamin Corrales, and indicating the Building Permit number in the check. The City of Half Moon Bay is working diligently to find out more online/phone payment options. We will update you as options become available.
NOTE: For any work associated with #3 or #4 above, a “Social Distancing Protocol” plan in conformance with the Shelter Order must be posted at the work site
If you have specific questions about these matters, please contact Benjamin Corrales, Permit Technician (650-712-6660), or Joe Butcher,Community Preservation Specialist (650-726-8285, or The Building and Public Works Inspector, (650) 750-2006
To help protect the health and safety of the community, the Building Division enforces regulations related to building, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical installations; accessibility; and energy compliance. In the event of an emergency or disaster, it is also the Division's responsibility to perform damage assessments of all structures. Click here for more detailed information about applying for a permit.
- Do I need a permit?
- Who may apply for a permit?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- How much will it cost?
- Are construction plans required?
- What kind of plans are required?
- How many copies of the plans do I need?
- When is a Building Permit not required?
- What do I need to submit for a bathroom or kitchen remodel?
- Do I need a permit for a fence?
- How high can I build my fence?
- Do I need a permit for a shed?
- When am I required to pay school fees for my project?
- Do I need an Architect or Engineer?
- What information is required on drawings?