- The City of Half Moon Bay made the 2020 top 50 list of Best Cities for Fit Lifestyles!
- All summer 2020 indoor programming has been cancelled until further notice.
- Click here to check out some of the outdoor recreation programming we have added and continue to add this summer.
- Check out the Virtual Recreation page for fun, creative, and educational content the whole family can enjoy.
- Parks Master Plan adopted. Please click here for more information.
Learning, fun, fitness, and community are at the center of Half Moon Bay Recreation!
The Half Moon Bay Recreation Department is dedicated to providing a range of recreation programs, services, and opportunities to the entire community, along with parks, trails, and playing fields for your outdoor fun.
There’s something fun, affordable, and educational for everyone in the family, year ’round!
The City has a number of parks, playgrounds, and trails for your year 'round use. You can even volunteer to "Adopt-a-Park!" And for the skateboarders in our community, we offer a world-class skate park completed in 2016, located at 535 Kelly Avenue.
The Recreation program also manages several facilities which are available for your parties, meetings, celebrations, and other activities.
Parks and Recreation Commission
Comprised of five individuals representing the community, appointed by the City Council. The Commission advises the Council on various policy issues and other matters related to the City’s parks and recreation programs and facilities. Commissioners serve four-year terms. Commission meetings are held every 4th Wednesday of each month 6 pm at 537 Kelly Avenue. Commission meeting agendas are available here, and you may reach the Commissioners by emailing the City Clerk at email@example.com.
Members of the Recreation Commission:
- Patricia Black, Chair
- Ellen Clark, Vice Chair
- Paulette Eisen, Recreation Commissioner
- Amy Allshouse , Recreation Commissioner
- Evelyn Erickson, Recreation Commissioner
Friends of Half Moon Bay Parks & Recreation
The City is grateful to the nonprofit Friends of Half Moon Bay Parks & Recreation for their support! This group assists in fundraising and other activities to help ensure that the people of Half Moon Bay and the coastside have access to parks and recreational opportunities.