Capital Projects generally exceed $30k in value and are prioritized by the City Council annually. Upon adoption, these capital projects create the Five-Year Capital Improvement Program (CIP). Click the project category below or scroll down for a list of this year’s projects. You can also find more information in the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) document - after downloading, search by project title or project number (noted below in parentheses after each project title).
Maintenance Projects generally cost less than $30k and focus on mitigating hazards and maintaining the City’s existing infrastructure. Maintenance projects vary greatly and include projects such as replacing park equipment, repaving sidewalk, repainting curbsides, cleaning drainage ditches, and much more.
- Climate Action and Adaptation Plan
- Coastside Recovery Initiative
- General Plan and Local Coastal Program Update
- Annual Streets and Roads Program
- Eastside Parallel Trail Expansion (0619)
- Highway 1 Safety - North (0538)
- Highway 1 Safety - South (0523)
- Main Street Bridge Project (0759)
- Poplar Street Traffic Calming and Safety Project (0593)
- Main Street Traffic Safety Project (0615)
- Poplar Street Parallel Path (1003)
- Secondary Beach Access
- Parks Master Plan Implementation Program (0609)
- Urban Forest Management Program (0598)
- Carter Park Improvements (0611)
- Poplar Beach Gateways Master Plan and Implementation (0617)
- Corporate Yard Improvements (9023)
- Green Infrastructure and Storm Water Program (0563)
- Annual Sewer Program
- Arroyo de en Medio Erosion Repair - Mirada Road (0579)
- Ocean Colony Pump Station Rehabilitation (9025)
- Seymour Ditch Erosion Permanent Repair (0608)
- ADA Transition Plan (601)
- Green Infrastructure Plan
- Parks Master Plan
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan
- Bicycle Pedestrian Master Plan Design Guidelines
- Sustainability Implementation Plan
- Transportation Strategies Implement Plan
Download our Five-Year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for more information on upcoming projects.
Want to bid on a project? Visit our Bid/RFP Center to see what projects are accepting proposals!