- Public Works
- City Projects
The Public Works Department is responsible for overseeing a variety of City Projects. These projects can generally be divided into two categories: Capital Projects and Maintenance Projects.
Capital Projects generally exceed $30k in value and are prioritized by the City Council annually. Upon adoption, these capital projects create the Five-Year Capital Improvement Program (CIP). Click the project category below or scroll down for a list of this year’s projects. You can also find more information in the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) document - after downloading, search by project title or project number (noted below in parentheses after each project title).
Streets, Bike, and Pedestrian
Park and Facilities
Storm and Sewer
Maintenance Projects generally cost less than $30k and focus on mitigating hazards and maintaining the City’s existing infrastructure. Maintenance projects vary greatly and include projects such as replacing park equipment, repairing sidewalks, repainting curbsides, cleaning drainage ditches, and more.
- Annual Streets and Roads Program
- Eastside Parallel Trail Expansion (0619)
- Highway 1 Safety - North (0538)
- Highway 1 Safety - South (0523)
- Kelly Avenue Intersections Project (0514)
- Poplar Street Traffic Calming and Safety Project (0593)
- Main Street Traffic Safety Project (0615)
- Poplar Street Parallel Path (1003)
- Parks Master Plan Implementation Program (0609)
- Urban Forest Management Program (0598)
- Carter Park Improvements (0611)
- Poplar Beach Gateways Master Plan and Implementation (0617)
- Corporation Yard Improvements (9023)
- Magnolia Park Improvements (1007)
- Smith Field Park Master Plan (1008)
- Frenchman's Creek Park Project (1013)
- Green Infrastructure and Storm Water Program (0563)
- Annual Sewer Program
- Arroyo de en Medio Erosion Repair - Mirada Road (0579)
- Ocean Colony Pump Station Rehabilitation (9025)
- Seymour Ditch Erosion Permanent Repair (0608)
- Kehoe/Pilarcitos Outfall Repair (1005)
Download our Five-Year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) for more information on upcoming projects.
Want to bid on a project? Visit our Bid/RFP Center to see what projects are accepting proposals!