Poplar BEACH Gateways Plan
Project Description: This multi-year project will create a plan for the Poplar Beach area, improve parking and access, create a phased program for erosion mitigation, bluff restoration, creation of gateway elements, and initiate work on the easterly re-alignment of the Coastal Trail between Poplar Street and Kelly Avenue. Location is the City-owned property along the blufftop between Poplar Street and Kelly Avenue.
Project Status: Draft Gateways Plan/Environmental Review
Funding Source(s): General Fund
Latest Update: 9/29/2021 - The City has prepared a Notice of Preparation (NOP) of a Program Environmental Impact Report (PEIR) to provide responsible agencies and interested parties with a description of the proposed Poplar Beach Gateways Plan and to identify potential environmental effects pursuant to State CEQA requirements. An Initial Study has also been prepared to focus the impacts that will be studied in the PEIR. Comments on the NOP may be submitted in writing to 501 Main Street, Half Moon Bay CA 94019 or via email to Brittney Cozzolino, Associate Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Monday, November 1st, 2021 at 4pm.
The Half Moon Bay Planning Commission will hold a scoping meeting to discuss the scope and content of the NOP at their regular meeting on Tuesday, October 12th, 2021 at 7pm on Zoom. The agenda and Zoom link will be posted at https://www.half-moon-bay.ca.us/314/Planning-Commission-Agendas.
Contact: Brittney Cozzolino, Associate Planner, (650) 750-2014, email@example.com
- Draft Poplar Beach Gateways Plan (October 2019)
- 2/6/2018 City Council Staff Report
- Consultant Scope of Work
- Managed Access Scenario Figure
- Unmanaged Access Scenario Figure
- Community Workshop Handout
- Current Capital Improvement Program
- Poplar Gateways Preliminary Biological Evaluation
- Poplar Beach Park Coastal Trail Existing Conditions & Erosion Study
- Poplar Beach Gateways Plan Vision Input Summary
- Vision and Goals document for the Poplar Beach Gateways Plan
- 4/24/19 Alternatives Workshop Presentation
- 4/24/19 Alternatives Workshop Handout