- Community Services
- Mental Health Resources
Mental Health Resources
Mental health is a serious issue that affects people of all ages. It is important that people understand what mental illness is and how it can impact their lives and the lives of loved ones. Most importantly, however, you should know that help is available, and you are not alone.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health or substance use problem, there are several resources available to find out more information or get connected with help. Check out some mental health resources below:
Local Mental Health Agencies
- ALAS Mental Health Clinic
- El Centro De Libertad – Freedom Center
- Behavioral Health and Recovery Services,. Coastside Mental Health Center
San Mateo County Services:
- San Mateo County Libraries Mental Health Page
- San Mateo County Behavioral Health and Substance Use Services Directory
- Find Support through the San Mateo County Mental Health Month Website
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Mental Health Tools/Resources
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration National Helpline
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- National Alliance of Mental Illness
Helpful Smartphone Apps
- Calm - meditations, breathing programs, music, and sounds from nature to relax your mind and body and promote better sleep.
- Headspace - mindfulness and meditation
- Moodnotes - thought journal and mood diary
- Moodpath - daily questions in order to assess your well-being and screen for symptoms of depression. The screening progress aims to increase your awareness of your thoughts, emotions, and feelings.
- Pacifica - a toolbox to deal with daily anxiety and stress, along with a highly supportive community of like-minded individuals.
- SuperBetter - a game focusing on increasing resilience and the ability to remain strong, optimistic, and motivated when presented with challenging obstacles in life.
- 7 Cups - provides online therapy and emotional support for anxiety and depression. There are more than 160,000 trained listeners and licensed therapists who are available to anonymously speak with 24/7. Speak your mind and confide in listeners without the fear of being judged.
- Happify - a space to overcome negative thoughts and stress and build resilience. Whether you are feeling stressed, anxious, or sad, Happify helps you to regain control of your thoughts and feelings.
- My3 - you define your network and your plan to stay safe. With MY3 you can be prepared to help yourself and reach out to others when you are having thoughts of suicide.