Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
February 5, 2020 - Here is a brief summary of the actions taken by the Half Moon Bay City Council at its meeting of February 4, 2020.
The Council took the actions listed below at its February 4, 2020 Meeting with follow-up by staff shown in parentheses:
1) Waived second reading and adopted an ordinance adding chapter 3.300 “Minimum Wage” to the Half Moon Bay Municipal Code (City Clerk / Administration)
2) By motion, accepted Mayor Eisen’s List of City Council Representatives and Designated Assignments for 2020 (City Clerk)
3) Accepted the Quarterly Financial Report for the 2nd Quarter of Fiscal Year 2019‐ 2020 (Finance)
4) Accepted the Treasurer’s Report for the Quarter Ending December 31, 2019 (Finance)
5) Conducted a public hearing, waived first reading, and introduced an ordinance amending Municipal Code Title 18 (Zoning) to Chapter 18.02 Definitions; Chapter 18.06 Residential Land Use; Chapter 18.07 Commercial Land Use (C‐D, C‐R); Chapter 18.08 Commercial Land Use (C‐VS, C‐G); and Chapter 18.36 Parking Standards (“Mixed‐Use Districts and Parking Standards Ordinance”) (Community Development / City Clerk)
6) Conducted a study session, and; 1) received an update on the Poplar Beach Gateways Plan; 2) adopted a resolution authorizing augmentation of the FY 2019‐20 Capital Budget Project No. 0617 in the amount of $117,235.34 from the Parks Development Special Revenue Fund; and authorizing the City Manager to execute a Professional Services Agreement with Nichols Consulting Engineers for $137,550 to prepare the Focused Environmental Impact Report for the Poplar Beach Gateways Plan; and 3) adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a Professional Services Agreement with Huffman Broadway Group for $97,381 to prepare a final biological resource evaluation and wetland delineation for the Poplar Beach Gateways Plan (Community Development / Public Works)
7) Received an update on the City’s Strategic Plan for Fiscal Year 2019‐2020, including City Council Priorities (Administration)