Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
July 17, 2019 - Here is a brief summary of the actions taken by the Half Moon Bay City Council at its meeting of July 16, 2019.
The Council took the actions listed below at its meeting of July 16, 2019. Follow-up by staff is shown in parentheses. City Council agendas and minutes are available online here.
1) Celebrated the City’s 60th Anniversary of Incorporation
2) Accepted the warrants list for the month of May 2019 (Administrative Services)
3) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a professional services agreement with Alta Planning + Design Inc. for design and environmental services for the Bikeway Connectivity Project – North in the amount of $117,669 (Public Works)
4) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Conti Corporation to upgrade the City’s audio / visual system at the Adcock Community Center, Emergency Operations Center, and Library in the amount of $146,089 (City Clerk)
5) Adopted a resolution adopting the City’s Social Media Policy (Communications)
6) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Vavrinek, Trine, Day & Co., LLP for non-audit financial assistance services in an amount not to exceed $80,000 (Administration)
7) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to award and execute a construction contract for the 2019 Sewer Manhole Rehabilitation Project to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, H&R Plumbing and Drain Cleaning, Inc., of El Sobrante, California, in the total bid amount of $90,500 and approve an additional contingency amount not exceeding 15 percent, or $13,575, of the contract award amount for potential change orders (Public Works)
8) Adopted a resolution authorizing the Finance Director to accept the State of California Citizen’s Option for Public Safety Grant Funds for Fiscal Year 2019-20 in the amount of $100,000 and approve using those funds on projects, programs, and equipment that meet the conditions of the grant (Administrative Services)
9) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to: 1) accept the grant funds and execute a funding agreement with San Mateo County Office of Sustainability for Community Adaption Pilot Project Grant funds in the amount of $60,000; and 2) negotiate and execute individual funding agreements with Ayundando Latinos A Soñar (ALAS), Youth Leadership Institute (YLI), and Senior Coastsiders totaling $50,000 (Public Works)
10) Received a presentation and provided direction on the following housing initiatives: 1) Affordable Housing Fund; 2) Community Land Trusts; 3) Tenant Protection Measures; 4) Land Use Policy; and 5) Zoning Regulations (Community Development)
11) Received an update from Townsend Public Affairs on legislation and grants (City Clerk)
12) By motion, accepted the recommendation of the Main Street Bridge Advisory Committee on the barrier design for the Main Street Bridge Rehabilitation Project (Public Works)
13) Received an update and informational presentation of Phase One of the Carter Park Renovation Project (Conceptual Design) (Administration)
14) Conducted a public hearing and adopted a resolution approving the Fiscal Year 2019-20 Sewer Service Charges, directing staff to file the assessment roll, authorizing the County Controller to place the assessment charges on the County of San Mateo Property Tax Roll, and directing staff to bill assessments directly that are not on the tax roll (Administrative Services / Public Works)