How do I become a member of a board or commission?

Opportunities to serve on a board or commission are advertised in local newspapers and on the City's website. Individuals interested in serving on a City board or commission must fill out a "Willing to Serve Form" and submit it to the City Clerk's Office. 

  • Planning Commission 
  • Parks and Recreation Commission
  • Main Street Bridge Advisory Commission
  • General Plan Advisory Committee
  • Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commitee

Willing to serve forms are kept on file in the City Clerk's Office for a period of two years.

The City Council, either individually or as a group, will interview interested individuals or make appointments to boards and commissions. View the

Willing to Serve Form (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. When/where and what time are City Council meetings held?
2. Where can I find agendas for upcoming City Council meetings?
3. How do I get a copy of a City Council staff report?
4. Where can I find City Council meeting minutes?
5. Are City Council Meetings videotaped? Where can I watch them?
6. How do I request a copy of a public record?
7. Where can I review Statements of Economic Interest (SEI) for Elected Officials?
8. Does your office issue marriage licenses?
9. Does your office issue passports?
10. How do I become a member of a board or commission?
11. How do I register to vote?
12. Where is my polling place?
13. How can I address the City Council?
14. How do I file a claim against the City?